Dreaming of a destination wedding? With miles of oceanfront access, beautiful beaches and rich history it’s no surprise Newport was recently named one of the Best Wedding Destinations in the US by Destination Weddings Magazine. Curious what more Newport has to offer? Here’s our top 5 reasons why it’s one of our favorite places for a Destination wedding.
TOP 5 REASONS TO CHOOSE NEWPORT FOR YOUR DESTINATION WEDDING
1) Couples craving their own version of a royal wedding can hold their nuptials in a place steeped in history and filled with New England charm and character in Newport. Jacqueline Kennedy and John F. Kennedy held their iconic wedding in Newport in 1953, and the City by the Sea has been known ever since for romantic and elegant weddings. Nearly half a century later, brides and grooms are still choosing this quaint New England town as a fitting place to tie the knot.
2) Newport holds a special place in many couples hearts, whether it’s family ties or simply a special connection with the city’s charm. Couples looking for a unique and idyllic setting come to Newport for it’s welcoming atmosphere and small town charm.
3) Newport has it all when it comes to wedding locations. There are so many amazing and unique wedding venues to choose from including including castles, mansions, farms, beaches, and vineyards. From stunning water views, to nautical beach weddings or a fairytale mansion experience there is something for everyone and to fit any budget.
4) A destination wedding in Newport is essentially a mini vacation for your guests. Newport is easily accessible for most guests (only a 1 hour drive from Boston and 3 hour drive from NYC) but secluded enough that guests can make a weekend getaway out of it. As is the case with any destination wedding, your guests will likely stay a few days which will allow you more time to celebrate your special day with friends and family.
5) Also known as the “Sailing Capital of the World” and “America’s 1st Resort, ” Newport abounds with attractions and activities for your friends and family to enjoy during their stay. From sunset harbor cruises, mansion tours, fine dining and beaches, to biking and cliff walks, Newport offers something for everyone. While here, make sure to visit Ocean Drive, named one of America’s Most Scenic Roads by Travel & Leisure.